Some of the best AI writing tools for content creation are Copy.ai, Anyword, Simplified, Jasper, Wordtune, Content At Scale, Sudowriter, NovelAI, and Rytr.
In this article, I will comprehensively cover all the features, pros and cons, and pricing for each tool.
In the end, I introduce you to a tool that can help you collaborate on ChatGPT and leverage it as a free AI writing tool for your business.
What are the Best AI Writing Generators?
To keep things organized, I’ve divided the AI writing tools into three categories:
- Short-form content
- Long-form content
- Fictional content
Let’s discuss the tools that help you write each type of content.
Short-Form Content Generators
Short-form content consists of social media posts, sales copies, pitch decks, ad copy, sales emails, and much more. Any AI tool you choose to write short-form content must be able to create concise copies with impeccable hooks and grammar.
In short-form content, you must convey your message to your readers with as few words as possible.
Here are the tools that can help you do it. 👇
Copy.ai is one of the fastest-growing AI writing software in the market. The tool can assist you in brainstorming ideas, filling the blank page, researching content, and writing like an expert copywriter.
- Let’s you create posts for any social media platform, improve your brand presence, and keep your audience hooked with quality content.
- Generate high-converting and SEO-friendly product descriptions for your online store in seconds.
- Generate short copies for your PPC campaigns and A/B test them by creating several different versions of the same ad copy.
- Create sales copy that follows specific writing frameworks (PAS, AIDA, etc.) or create them depending on the channel you send it through.
- Gives you several drafts for the same input to select the one that matches your tone and style.
Copy.ai has a free plan with 1 seat and 2,000 words in chat. It’s a good plan to try out the platform. To use it consistently for short-form content, you can select any one from the four plans it offers:
- Pro: $49 per month
- Team: $249 per month
- Growth: $1,333 per month
- Scale: $4,000 per month
Pros and Cons
✅ Lets you create multiple content types and has several templates.
✅ Lets you style your content to specific tones, adding personalization to the AI-generated content.
✅ Supports AIDA and PAS frameworks, useful for marketing and sales content.
❌ You might experience some lag while generating content.
❌ To get quality content, you must provide extremely detailed context.
Anyword is a powerful tool that analyzes and improves your copy across different channels from a single dashboard. It lets you create highly targeted content that drives results. The brand is trusted by the likes of Red Bull, Outbrain, NBC, and many more.
- Anyword’s copy intelligence tool lets you analyze published content so you know which messaging technique works best for you.
- Lets you manage your brand messaging, tone, and target audience, all from one dashboard.
- Gives you multiple AI-generated copies for a single prompt. Select the one that matches your style the most.
- Create email copies and subject lines or leverage email templates that get you high click-through rates.
Anyword has no free plan to choose from but offers a 7-day free trial with any plan you choose. The software has 4 plans to choose from:
- Starter: $49 per month
- Data-Driven: $99 per month
- Business: $499 per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Pros and Cons
✅ The platform is known for its speed in creating content, allowing for quick content generation and easy content modification.
✅ Anyword is trained on a vast amount of marketing data, enabling it to create copies that are both relevant to the brand and optimized for performance.
✅ Comes with a predictive performance scoring feature that helps identify which content pieces are likely to perform best.
❌ There are instances where the generated text might not fully adhere to your given instructions, although this can usually be resolved by regenerating the content.
❌ Anyword is not the most affordable option available, which might make it less accessible for individuals or small businesses on a tight budget.
Simplified in an AI tool that lets you brainstorm, outline, and generate text to help overcome writer’s block and inspire you with unique ideas.
You can generate text that suits your style and tone of writing. The tool is a trusted partner for more than 2.5 million marketing teams, creators, and businesses.
- Lets you generate copies for business bios, Facebook ads, product descriptions, landing pages, and more.
- Comes with 10+ tones and 30+ languages so that you can reach your audience on a broader level.
- Comes with an AI writer that also lets you rewrite content and optimize it for uniqueness and readability.
- Lets you connect your social media channels, schedule posts with the content calendar, or publish it directly from the app.
Simplified has a free plan that comes with basic features like AI templates, 1-click WordPress Export, document sharing, etc. But you can only generate 2,000 words per month and not onboard any team members.
If you want premium features, more words, and more teammates, upgrade to its AI Writer Pro plan.
The plan’s price ranges from $18 per month for 35,000 words and 1 seat to $999 per month for 3,000,000 words and 20 seats.
Pros and Cons
✅ When compared to other similar tools, Simplified gives you a superior output, offering high value for the price.
✅ Simplified is highly regarded for its suitability for social media marketers, offering a broad range of tools and excellent social media scheduling capabilities, something that’s useful after writing a copy.
✅ The platform provides high-quality designs and templates.
❌ There are instances where Simplified repeats the user’s text input, generating unwanted content.
❌ Can pose an issue while saving documents.
Long-Form Content Generators
One thing that has been a challenge for LLMs like ChatGPT, Bard, and Claude was the ability to write long-form (1500+ words) content.
But with tools like Jasper, Wordtune, and Content At Scale, you can now produce long-form content in minutes.
When looking for an AI content generator for articles and other long-form content, ensure that you can train it by giving your human-written samples or at least upload instruction documents and select the tone of writing.
#1. Jasper AI
With Jasper, you can write, edit, and format your copy all in an easy-to-use document editor. You can collaborate with your team or stakeholders on Japer, use SurferSEO for optimization, and Copyscape for plagiarism detection.
- Lets you analyze your blog content against top SERP competitors and optimize it with SurferSEO.
- Integrates with Copyscape to scan your content for plagiarism.
- The AI can analyze your writing tone, and you can set tone and formatting rules for hyper-personalized AI content.
- Enables document sharing between your team and apply status labels to know what’s ready for review.
- Has a document editor to write, edit, and format all your short-form content in one place.
Jasper comes with a free 7-day trial, after which you have three paid plan options to choose from:
- Creator: $49 per month
- Team: $125 per month (3 seats)
- Business: Talk with sales for custom pricing
Pros and Cons
✅ Jasper enables rapid content creation tailored to specific audience needs, thus saving time and increasing productivity.
✅ The AI produces content that sounds natural, well-written, and accurate. It’s good at matching the requested tone while maintaining error-free output.
✅ Jasper is considered a great option for small businesses or individuals on a limited budget, as it offers plans that small businesses can afford.
❌ While Jasper is efficient at generating content quickly, it may not match the creativity and personal touch of human writers.
❌ Effective use of Jasper requires some training and familiarization with its features and capabilities.
Wordtune’s generative AI helps you speed up your writing tasks. The software can rewrite content, assist you with AI writing, create content from scratch, and do more.
You can use Wordtune on your desktop and your mobile phones, making it extremely easy to leverage it on the go.
- The AI rewriter lets you perfect your writing and write like a pro.
- Gives your AI suggestions to fasten the writing process while remaining true to your writing style.
- Elaborate on a topic, and add an AI-generated statistical fact or a joke by selecting the text.
- Create quality content from scratch with the press of a button.
- Lets you summarize blogs, videos, PDFs, and more.
- Create a personalized knowledge base on your own Wordtune library.
Wordtune comes with a free plan that has 10 rewrites and 3 AI prompts and summaries per day. But if you want more, it has 3 paid plans to choose from.
- Plus: $14.99 per month
- Unlimited: $22.5 per month
- Business: Contact sales
Pros and Cons
✅ Wordtune is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it accessible even for those without prior experience in writing tools.
✅ It helps save time by suggesting alternative phrases and sentences and provides ideas and inspiration to avoid writer’s block.
✅ It operates across multiple platforms, including Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and web browsers, adding to its versatility.
❌ The free version of Wordtune has limited features, potentially leaving you no option but to upgrade to the paid version for full functionality.
❌ While the suggestions provided can be helpful, they are not always accurate or relevant to your specific needs, sometimes being too generic.
#3. Content At Scale
Content AI Scale boosts itself to be the world’s most humanlike AI writer. It promises to create content that bypasses AI detectors simply because the quality is quite similar to human-written content.
- AIMEE is the generative AI for Content At Scale that can help you rewrite a phrase, sentence, or whole paragraph.
- The AI engine can give you an entire blog post from a single keyword.
- Lets you input a document with all the information you want to add to the blog.
- Use the in-app SEO, AI detection, and plagiarism tools to refine and edit your piece as you see fit.
- Comes with a plugin that helps you publish the generated blog directly on the website.
Content At Scale doesn’t reveal its pricing on the website. You can contact its sales team to know about it.
Pros and Cons
✅ The platform allows for the generation of complete and fully optimized articles with just one click, eliminating the learning curve usually associated with such tools.
✅ Users can upload bulk keywords and have content created for all of them in minutes.
✅ For those familiar with Google Docs, the platform’s editor is very similar, making it easy to use.
❌ From what I’ve heard, the entry-level plan is considered expensive, which might be prohibitive for smaller publishers or those with limited budgets.
❌ The platform currently does not offer options for creating short-form content, limiting its use to articles of around 1,500 words.
Fictional Writing Content Generators
Fictional writing is one of the toughest forms of writing. You need to think out of the box, must be creative, and your writing should flow naturally.
In my opinion, using AI as an assistant in fictional writing can help, but I’d stay away from completely relying on it to create content.
The AI fictional writing content generators can help you brainstorm scene ideas, create short plots, and fill the gaps. Here’s how. 👇
Sudowrite stands out in the AI writing assistant market for its focus on aiding authors specifically.
The features of the platform help enhance creativity, aid in developing story elements, and improve writing efficiency, making it a valuable tool for those in the field of creative writing.
- Has a tool, Describe, that makes your writing more engaging. It makes the readers feel they’re in the scene and helps connect them better with your story.
- The Story Engine takes you step-by-step from idea to outline to writing in the style and tone you want.
- The Write feature lets you complete your incomplete writing. It analyzes the characters, tone, and plot in your story and generates the next 300 words in your voice.
- Want to keep the story going but out of ideas? Use the Sudowriter’s Expand feature to build out scenes magically.
- The Feedback tool gives you three actionable areas to improve.
Sudowriter has 3 plans to choose from:
- Hobby & Student: $19 per month (30,000 AI words)
- Professional: $29 per month (90,000 AI words)
- Max: $129 per month (300,000 AI words)
Pros and Cons
✅ The platform offers fantastic vocabulary suggestions that help enrich and diversify the language you use in writing.
✅ It provides a comprehensive range of features that cover various aspects of the writing process, from generating text in the writer’s voice to offering creative suggestions and alternatives.
✅ Despite its advanced AI capabilities, Sudowrite is designed to be intuitive and easy to use.
❌ The free trial is limited to only 4,000 words, which may not be sufficient for writers to evaluate all the software’s capabilities.
❌ I think that Sudowrite is more effective for outlining stories rather than for the actual writing process.
With NovelAI, you can create captivating content with powerful models and customization options. It also lets you generate images if needed.
- The AI algorithm creates human-like writing that enables you to create quality stories regardless of your expertise in literature.
- You can train Novel AI to match your tone, perspective, and style of writing.
- The theme editor lets you customize the style and feel of the software to your liking. Freely edit fonts, sizes, and color schemes at any time.
- No one except you will be able to read your stories. Every story stored on our servers is encrypted with XSalsa20.
- With Novel AI, you can replicate famous writers or train it with your own data.
Novel AI comes with a free plan with basic features. But if you’re serious about fictional writing, it has three paid plans to choose from:
- Tablet: $10 per month
- Scroll: $15 per month
- Opus: $25 per month
Pros and Cons
✅ NovelAI aids anyone in producing quality literature, regardless of their writing ability. It’s designed to assist authors at various skill levels.
✅ The AI adapts to your input, maintaining their perspective and style, which is crucial for consistent storytelling.
✅ The AI modules can emulate the style of your favorite or famous writers and even be trained with personal data.
❌ The advantages offered by experimental features available to Opus tier subscribers are not specified.
❌ There is a lack of information regarding the availability of customer support.
Rtyr acts as your AI assistant and helps you create high-quality content in a few seconds at a fraction of the cost compared to other AI writing tools in the market.
It has 7 million+ happy customers, and with the ratings on review platforms, people seem to be happy with the tool.
- Has 40+ use cases and templates to choose from to cover all your story-writing needs.
- Choose from 30+ languages to write in your native tongue or the language your clients want the story in.
- Has 20+ tones to choose from so you can convey the right emotions in your story.
- Lets you reword, rewrite, or shorten your story to improve content quality.
- Have doubts about plagiarism? Check parts of the text that you doubt are plagiarized and replace them with AI text.
The free plan of Rytr comes with 10K characters per month and several other features. With the premium plans, you can 10x the character limit. It has two paid plans to choose from:
- Saver Plan: $9 per month
- Unlimited Plan: $29 per month
Pros and Cons
✅ Rytr simplifies content creation with a straightforward process: choose a use case, add context, and let the AI generate the content
✅ It supports over 40 use cases and templates, can write in 30+ languages, and 20+ tones of voice.
✅ A convenient browser extension is available, enhancing the ease of creating content across different platforms.
❌ The free plan allows only 10,000 characters per month, which may be insufficient.
❌ AI-generated content can sometimes be generic or lack the unique perspective a human writer can provide.
Collaborate with Your Team on ChatGPT
If you’re just starting a business and plan to create AI-generated content, it’s hard to subscribe to a monthly subscription; I get that.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t generate AI content for free. You can leverage platforms like ChatGPT to do it.
Have you ever thought about this – instead of working alone, why not talk to AI with your team? Team-GPT lets you do just that. It enables you to collaborate with your team in a shared ChatGPT workspace.
Sign up for the free plan of Team-GPT, onboard your team, and use ChatGPT as an AI writing tool for free.
About the author
I teach data science and AI to 1.2M students on Udemy. I'm co-founder of 365 Data Science, 3veta, and Team-GPT. My work is mostly focused on helping people and organizations adopt AI.