Some of the best AI tools for teachers to use this year are Team-GPT, MagicSchool, Quillbot, Fetchy, SlidesAI, Eduaide, Education Copilot, Teacherbot, Curipod, Gradescope, Yippity, and QuestionWell.
In this article, I will discuss all these alternatives in detail and discuss their features, pros, cons, and pricing.
- What Are the Top AI Tools for Teachers?
- #1. Team-GPT
- #2. MagicSchool
- #3. Quillbot
- #4. Fetchy
- #5. SlidesAI
- #6. Eduaide
- #7. Education Copilot
- #8. Teacherbot
- #9. Curipod
- #10. Gradescope
- #11. Yippity
- #12. QuestionWell
- Improve Team Efficiency and Productivity with Team-GPT
- Read More
What Are the Top AI Tools for Teachers?
Teachers have been using artificial intelligence for quite some time. But it became popular after the release of ChatGPT when AI became a BIG thing online.
Here are some of the best AI tools for teachers that are reliable and help increase your work productivity.
Team-GPT will let you onboard students on a shared ChatGPT account, where you can teach them anything. With our platform, teachers can create interactive courses, templates, and other educational materials in the platform.
- Folders and subfolders: Organize your work, lessons, and prompts in folders and subfolders, and keep your workspace clutter-free.
- View-only feature: This feature comes in handy when sharing chats with students. When you turn on the view-only option, students can only view the chat and not change anything. But they will be free to make their own copy of the chat and edit it.
- Personal API Key: Enable the personal API keys option to restrict students from using your API key to converse with ChatGPT. If you have hundreds of students, this can save you a ton of money.
- Limiting student access: We allow teachers to provide access to students but also limit their usage (for example, $3 per student). This could help in schools where the school pays for the access but wants to prevent individual students from using too much money.
- Comments and threads: Ability to comment on specific threads to highlight different parts of the text. The feature will let students ask their doubts in the shared chats via comments.
Pros and Cons
✅ Personalized features for teachers and coaches.
✅ Budget-friendly pricing.
✅ Exceptional customer service with 24/7 availability via email or live chat.
❌ Currently only available as a web tool.
Team-GPT has a free collaboration plan where you can onboard 2 people and use the tool.
But if you have more students, you must opt for our Team collaboration plan that starts at $20 per month for 10 users and goes up to $200 per month for 100 users.
If you want to onboard even more people, you can contact us.
MagicSchool helps teachers and educators create lesson plans, write assessments, proofread, give feedback, and other administrative tasks.
Best of all, the tool complies with FERPA and COPPA guidelines. Thus, it never asks for or stores student personal identifiable information (SPII).
- Quickly generate educational content that’s original and tailored for students.
- Use the Rubric Generator tool to create a perfectly formatted rubric customized to your assignment within seconds.
- Ask AI to develop Individualized Education Plans (IEP) based on your unique knowledge of the student’s needs.
- Leverage Syllabus generator to create lesson plans based on inputs from students.
- Involve AI in providing constructive feedback to students on their work so they can improve faster.
- Use a YouTube video summarizer and question generator to summarize videos and create guiding questions side-by-side.
- Get help from an AI text-leveler to rewrite existing content to fit different reading levels.
Pros and Cons
✅ Free to use (no premium version as of now).
✅ In-built AI chatbot that you can have conversations with and train personally.
✅ Supports over 25+ languages, enabling teachers and students to surpass language barriers.
❌ There’s no mobile app.
❌ High learning curve due to an overwhelming number of features.
MagicSchool has no pricing mentioned on the website. However, I reached out to them for some transparency. And Adeel from their team was kind enough to answer. He replied:
“We are going to have a Plus version of the product, but there will always be a free version similar to the one you’re using now!”
Quilbot helps teachers create lesson plans and assessments, fact-check answers, find plagiarized content, and more. A whooping 50M+ students and teachers globally trust the platform.
While Quillbot was primarily designed as a paraphrasing tool, over the years, it has integrated a wide range of features to help educators create high-quality content while ensuring academic integrity.
- Lets you rephrase text in over 20+ languages and 8 different tones, including an Academic tone, helping teachers rewrite texts efficiently.
- Comes with a grammar checker to review learning resources or assessments for grammatical errors and typos before presenting it to the class.
- Use Quillbot’s Co-Writer to research, write, and review content without the headache of juggling multiple tabs.
- Quickly and accurately check homework and assessments for plagiarism and get access to instant plagiarism scores and reports.
- Use Quillbot’s AI summarizer to squeeze essays, papers, or chapters into key pointers, making them easy for students to grasp.
Pros and Cons
✅ Use the free version right away. No sign-up is required.
✅ Integrates with Google Chrome, MS Word, and MacOS
❌ Free plan has basic features with several limitations.
Apart from the free version, Quillbot offers a premium plan at $4.17 per month if paid annually. You can also pay semi-annually or monthly, costing you $6.66 and $9.95 per month, respectively.
Fetchy acts as a virtual assistant for classroom and homeschool educators. It offers over 50+ tools to streamline tasks, create and organize curriculum, get expert advice on classroom challenges, and more.
- Generate permission slips for anything and everything by entering a context for the slip.
- Use Fetchy to discover effective strategies for taming student behavior or solving classroom and homeschool-related issues.
- Quickly create assessments and test papers by letting Fetchy generate engaging questions from any text.
- Has an AI writer that assists in creating tailored content like newsletters, blog posts, emails, short stories, and more with a click.
- Helps to generate lesson plans with clear goals, structure, and organization.
Pros and Cons
✅ Excellent AI advisor for teachers.
✅ Quick at providing strategies for classroom and homeschool challenges.
✅ Accessible from all internet-connected devices – phones, laptops, and desktops.
❌ No free version.
Fetchy comes with a 7-day free trial, after which you can continue with:
- Monthly: $10
- Annually: $99
SlidesAI is an AI-powered text-to-presentation tool. If your life revolves around creating PPTs and slides for students, SlidesAI can be a great asset.
The tool works as an extension to Google Slides, summarizing your text into professional, engaging slides. Since its arrival, it has garnished 4M+ downloads and hundreds of positive reviews.
- Write or paste the text into the app and let AI create a presentation with key headings and points on each slide.
- Offers pre-built customizable templates so you never have to work from scratch.
- Has an extensive gallery of 1.5 million high-quality premium stock images ready to make your slides more appealing.
- Use the AI paraphraser to rewrite sentences in slides, making them unique and engaging.
- Easy to customize AI-generated slides with pre-designed color and font presets. You can even create your own custom look.
Pros and Cons
✅ No need to download any app (it is an extension to Google Slides).
✅ Highly Customizable.
✅ Supports 100+ languages.
❌ Closing an account on SlideAI requires multiple steps.
SlidesAI has a free-forever version with monthly limits to the number of presentations you can create using the tool. To extend offerings, you can opt for a paid plan:
- Pro: 10 per month
- Premium: 20 per month
Eduaide uses the power of generative AI and Large Language Models (LLMs) to help over 200,000 teachers create personalized teaching resources.
Besides, the tool can be your virtual assistant to which you can delegate time-consuming tasks, ask for feedback, chat, and get help in lesson planning.
- Use Content Generator to generate over 100+ educational content and teaching resources.
- Leverage AI-writing assistant to create email and newsletter outlines, frameworks for letters, class announcements, and more.
- Get options to adjust subject and grade level for any content you generate using the abovementioned tools.
- Enter assignments into the Feedback Bot to instantly analyze and get real-time feedback in your chosen format – Typographic, Syntactical, Semantic, or based on custom instructions.
- Turnover to Eduaide AI chatbot for unscripted requests or brainstorming new ideas.
- Input topics or keywords to quickly create grade-level test papers in various formats – MCQs, true and false, fill in the blank, short answers, and more.
Pros and Cons
✅ Has an easy-to-use interface.
✅ Eduaide has well-structured features.
✅ Built-in ‘Enhance‘ feature automatically transforms your half-hearted input into crisp instructional commands.
❌ The interface is a little clunky, with several buttons and icons.
Eduaide is a free forever tool. However, the company recently announced a premium subscription with added features at $5.99 per month.
#7. Education Copilot
Education Copilot assists teachers in creating lesson plans, educational handouts, presentations, and other teaching materials.
- Mix and create all types of educational content, from lesson plans to PPTs and more, for various topics in a click.
- Use Quiz Builder to create interactive quiz questions based on keyword and grade level; easily export the document as PDF or directly share via smart links.
- Use AI Freestyle, a tool that works without any restrictions or formatting, to extract advice, create documents, and test the capabilities of Copilot AI.
- Has an AI-powered Unit Planner that saves time by generating an entire unit with lessons over simple keywords and descriptions.
- Other tools include an idea generator, Student report card builder, Parent email creator, and more.
Pros and Cons
✅ Comes with a text-to-PPT generator.
✅ Has excellent chat support.
✅ It’s easy to download responses in PDF or Word format or share public links.
❌ Accessible in limited languages.
❌ No free version is available.
Education offers a 30-day free trial, after which you can continue with its premium plan for teachers at $9 per month. The tool also has a custom school plan you can know about after contacting Copilot’s sales team.
Teacherbot is by far the best thing that happened to teachers and educators. This AI-powered tool is vastly trained in educational and teaching content. Thus, teachers can create tasks and activities for any academic level or subject in the US curriculum.
- Create content on any topic or subject, use pre-built prompts as guiding boats, and tweak them to generate accurate results.
- Use AI to generate unique teaching material with respect to a particular book and its chapters; adjust grade level to make the resource suitable for different classes.
- Gives you follow-up prompts with every AI-generated response, making it easy to fine-tune responses and carry forward content generation.
- Has AI Writing Exemplars to generate stories and narratives from a single keyword and get options for adjusting genre, length, and grade level.
- Offers to create lesson plans and activities based on national curriculum (new curriculums added monthly).
Pros and Cons
✅ Teacherbot offers a free trial.
✅ Vast knowledge of educational resources. (I asked the bot to summarize Act II, Scene V of a Shakepaere’s play, and it did it wonderfully.)
❌ Limited functionality.
❌ Prompts are pre-defined; unlike other tools, you can’t randomly converse with AI.
❌ No free version is available.
Teacherbot is free to get started but is limited to 3 searches. After which, you must continue with its paid plans (all plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee):
- Pro: £4.99 per month
- Pro Plus: £9.99
Curipod enables teachers to create editable AI slides with interactive elements for students. Unlike normal PPTs, Curipod allows teachers to present slides via projectors, while students can answer quizzes, polls, and one-off questions in real-time.
- Use AI to generate interactive lesson plans or create custom slides with pre-built activities like Q&A, drawing, poll, word cloud, etc.
- Set up durations for activities to make them more effective and doable within class hours.
- Has 40+ pre-built lesson plans and activities from Curipod’s creator studio based on your selected grade levels and subjects.
- Automatically detects the language and can translate it to over 50+ languages from around the globe with a click.
- Easily share the PPT with the class using smart links or give students a one-time pin to join individually.
Pros and Cons
✅ Has a free version.
✅ Fosters interactive learning.
❌ The paid plan is comparatively more expensive than other AI teaching tools.
Curipod comes with a free forever plan. However, to get the most out of Curipod, you can opt for its premium plans:
- Premium: $7.50 per month (billed annually)
- School site license: Custom pricing
- District license: Custom pricing
Gradescope lets you administer and grade assessments, whether online or in class. The platform saves you the time and hassle you spend on grading and gives you a clear picture of how your students are doing.
- Lets you grade subjects like Computer Science, Physics, Math, and more.
- Accommodates variable-length and fixed-template assignments such as problem sets, projects, worksheets, quizzes, and exams.
- Provides a flexible rubric for consistent grading and detailed feedback.
- Comes with an Auto grader for code submissions, providing immediate feedback.
- Gives you insights into student performance with per-question and per-rubric statistics.
- Students can upload PDFs or photos of their work for grading.
Pros and Cons
✅ Clean, modern interface.
✅ You can see how points are assigned to different components of each test question.
✅ Exceptionally well-built regrade and rubric functionality.
❌ Can’t reupload a single page from the homework.
Gradescope has a free plan that gives you all the basic features:
- Dynamic rubrics
- Question-by-question grading
- Assignment statistics
- Regrade requests
But if you want premium features like collaborative grading, AI-powered roster matching, unpublish course grades, etc., you can contact Gradescope’s sales team for a personalized quote.
Yippity transforms the text into multiple-choice, true/false, or fill-in-the-blank questions with its AI-powered question generator. It’s a minimalist tool with a few features, yet every feature is impactful.
- Paste your text in the AI question generator and let it create comprehensive quizzes.
- Lets you review and customize generated quizzes and easily export them to share with your students.
- Create true or false questions in a couple of clicks.
Pros and Cons
✅ An affordable tool for creating AI-generated quizzes.
✅ Come with a free plan.
❌ The tool’s still new and AI-based, so its trust factor is slightly less.
Yippity has two plans to choose from. You can start with its free plan that lets you generate 3 Free AI quizzes per month. If that’s not enough for you, upgrade to its Early Bird Plan, which costs $4.99 a month.
QuestionWell lets you generate questions that you can export to Kahoot, Quizizz, Google Slides, and several other tools you use daily as a teacher.
- Upload notes or students’ answers on QuestionWell for the AI to read and analyze to generate questions based on it.
- Lets you change your language from English to your native one if required.
- The AI takes the text, pulls out several learning outcomes, and creates essential questions to guide student learning.
- Lets you filter question types by ticking and unticking them.
- Add questions manually to the AI-generated set.
- Apart from multiple choice and essential questions, you can also include fill-in-the-blanks and short answer questions.
Pros and Cons
✅ Excellent customer service. Send them feedback, and they contact you in no time.
✅ Has a free plan with lots of features.
❌ The AI generates incorrect questions sometimes, so make sure you double-check the questions before finalizing them.
QuestionWell comes with a free plan with an abundance of features. But if you want premium features or want to onboard several teachers, you can choose from the two plans:
- Paid plan: $7 per month
- Team plan: $6 per month per user
Improve Team Efficiency and Productivity with Team-GPT
It’s a no-brainer that schools and colleges need multiple subscriptions to the abovementioned tools, which might cost them a fortune.
So why not stick to ChatGPT and leverage Team-GPT to onboard all your teachers and professors in a shared ChatGPT workspace?
It will cost less and allow you to work together, helping each other get all the work done.
Sign up for the free Team-GPT plan, test it out, and see if it fits your needs.
10 Best AI Tools for Education in 2023: Discover the best AI tools for education handpicked by our team.
24 Best ChatGPT Prompts for Teachers in 2023: Learn the best prompts for teachers handpicked by our team.
About the author
I teach data science and AI to 1.2M students on Udemy. I'm co-founder of 365 Data Science, 3veta, and Team-GPT. My work is mostly focused on helping people and organizations adopt AI.