Before we start, here’s a quick disclaimer: we’re interested in ChatGPT pricing for a specific reason. We have created a great ChatGPT alternative – Team-GPT.
It’s not only designed to be more affordable than ChatGPT, but it is also easier to use and make AI adoption easier.
In this article, we explain each plan that ChatGPT offers and why Team-GPT helps you adopt AI better than ChatGPT.
ChatGPT’s Pricing Plan
ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence chatbot Open AI created that uses large language models (LLMs) to have text-based conversations with you. It can understand natural language (English and some other languages too).
You can ask the AI any questions you have, and it provides helpful answers and explanations on almost any known topic.
The chatbot has a free version that uses GPT-3.5, but it’s not as smart as GPT-4 (the paid version) and lacks several crucial features (more on this later).
ChatGPT has a free plan and three paid plans to choose from:
- Plus: $20 per month
- Team: $25 per person per month
- Enterprise: Contact sales
Let’s go into the details of each plan and understand what they offer:
1. ChatGPT Free Plan
ChatGPT’s free plan gives you access to GPT-3.5. It’s designed to understand and generate natural language text based on the inputs it receives.
All the conversations you carry out with GPT-3.5 will be 100% text-based.
It’s comparatively faster than the other model of GPT Open AI launched, but the major drawback of GPT-3.5 is that its training was cut off in September 2021. Meaning that it can’t answer questions related to events that happened after September 2021.
One good thing about the GPT-3.5 model is that it gives you unlimited messaging (no limits per hour) and lets you save chat history.
We’d suggest you use GPT-3.5 for pretty basic everyday tasks like summarization, language translation, etc.
You can use it on the web, iOS, and Android.
1. Limited Memory and Context
GPT-3.5 is capable of accessing and remembering only 3,000 words (4096 tokens). This means it quickly forgets what was said earlier, or worse, it can lose track of important context.
2. Limited Reasoning and Common Sense
While the GPT-3.5 model is good at generating fluent text, it has less sophisticated reasoning and common sense capabilities compared to humans. The model is prone to logical inconsistencies and generates text that sounds reasonable but is factually incorrect.
3. Heavily Dependent on Trained Data
As GPT-3.5 can’t browse the web, it’s heavily dependent on the data it has been trained on. This can unintentionally generate biased, toxic, or harmful language.
2. ChatGPT Plus Plan
The ChatGPT Plus plan gives you a ton of new premium features that the free plan doesn’t.
Here’s everything you can do with the AI when you pay $20 per month:
- With ChatGPT Plus, you get to browse the web (Bing). The AI gives you all the citations in the answer to refer to for accuracy.
- ChatGPT Plus integrates with Dall-E to generate AI images. You can simply describe the kind of image you want via text, and the AI will generate an image for you in seconds.
- You can upload data to ChatGPT with the Plus plan. The chatbot allows you to upload data in the form of CSV, PDF, image, and several other formats. You can then ask ChatGPT to analyze the data and get answers to all the questions you have.
- GPT store, launched by Open AI recently, is a marketplace to help you find useful and popular custom versions of ChatGPT. The users themselves create these custom GPTs, and recently, Open AI launched a marketplace and made them public. Either use the existing ones or create your own GPT with a ChatGPT Plus subscription.
1. Slow Browsing
When compared to its competitor, Bard, ChatGPT is slow at browsing the web. It also sometimes deals with the issue of network error and fails to give you answers to questions you ask.
2. Usage Limitations
While the free plan has no usage limits, ChatGPT Plus has a limit of 40 messages every 3 hours. But this isn’t the worst part; people unaware of these limitations don’t come to know about it until they buy the plan. ChatGPT hasn’t been very transparent about this limitation.
3. ChatGPT Team Plan
ChatGPT Team includes everything that the Plus plan gives you and more:
- Gives you access to GPT-4 with a 32K context window.
- Tools like DALL·E 3, GPT-4 with Vision, Browsing, Advanced Data Analysis—with higher message caps.
- Open AI promises not to store any of the data you share with ChatGPT. Such isn’t the case with the free and Plus plan.
- Create and share custom GPTs with your workspace.
- Admin console for workspace and team management.
- Early access to new features and improvements.
4. ChatGPT Enterprise
In the late August of 2023, Open AI launched the ChatGPT Enterprise plan. The Enterprise subscription is designed for businesses that need security and privacy when using AI.
Here are the features you get with the Enterprise plan:
- Any data you share with ChatGPT is encrypted at rest (AES-256) and in transit (TLS 1.2+), and the software is SOC 2 compliant.
- Comes with an admin console to track the number of conversations, users online, messages exchanged, and more.
- Gives you unlimited, high-speed access to GPT-4 and is capable of performing advanced data analysis.
- Lets you share work templates with your team.
- Offers 128K token context window, 4x bigger than the ChatGPT Plus plan.
- Get dedicated onboarding assistance, priority support, and ongoing account management.
Is ChatGPT the Best Way To Adopt AI?
Short answer: No, ChatGPT isn’t the best way to adopt AI.
Long answer 👇
ChatGPT lacks two main parts that are needed for AI adoption – Onboarding and Education.
👀 Note: Onboarding is only a part of the ChatGPT Enterprise Plan, but it still lacks the education bit.
If you’re a free, Plus, or Team user – The platform lacks any structured tools or protocols to integrate your company’s existing data infrastructure, workflows, and systems. Without proper onboarding, there’s no easy way to feed ChatGPT relevant business data so it can provide informed, customized responses.
There’s also no transparency from ChatGPT on what data it has been trained on. Businesses have sensitive information and trade secrets, so they require clarity on where the AI’s knowledge comes from before deployment.
What’s more, ChatGPT sometimes makes inappropriate recommendations, which can be dangerous. Companies need safe onboarding processes like building whitelists, configuring usage thresholds, and monitoring tools.
The second major flaw is the lack of educational resources to explain AI adoption to businesses. There are no embedded ChatGPT education materials for businesses that tell them about the best practices.
Lastly, there’s no feedback channel that businesses can use to reach out to ChatGPT and tell them about the potential improvements.
These two issues and many others are resolved with Team-GPT! 👇
How is Team-GPT Different than ChatGPT
Team-GPT is a platform that lets you talk to ChatGPT together with your team. It’s a better way to onboard, educate, and adapt AI for businesses.
Here are the three key differences that make Team-GPT a better AI adopter platform:
1. Proper Education for AI Adoption
When you sign up for any of the plans of Team-GPT, you get free access to the ChatGPT for Work course. It’s a course built to explain how AI can help your business grow.
The course comes with 100+ tried and tested prompts, 100+ exercises, extra notes and comments, and handy PDFs for the most useful prompts for different business operations.
It’s an interactive course, meaning you get to practice AI adoption while taking the course. You can do that on Team-GPT or ChatGPT; the choice is yours to make.
The Team-GPT website also has a guide on the ChatGPT adoption methodology that explains to you how organizations and corporations should adopt AI the right way.
2. Team-GPT Enterprise
Team-GPT recently launched its Enterprise plan that lets your organization adopt AI in a better and more secure way.
Here are the features that make Team-GPT Enterprise better than ChatGPT for AI adoption:
- Lets you engage in conversations together with AI. Your team can learn from how other team members are conversing with AI and use their chats to do things better and faster.
- Lets you make folders for different teams and fill them with favorite chats your team has had with AI. This helps you refer to past chats in a much more organized manner.
- Choose the model that suits your unique work best. Team-GPT gives you the option to switch between ChatGPT, Google Bard, Microsoft Azure, LLaMa, or even a custom one.
3. Built Specifically for Teams
Team-GPT focuses on making AI actually a part of your team and has features that help you leverage AI in business operations together.
It lets you track your team’s AI adoption rates with the help of a dashboard showing you how each team member is conversing with the AI.
You can add specific instructions for your entire workspace so the AI response is adapted to your specific business needs in every chat.
What’s more, switch to view-only mode when sharing sensitive data so your team doesn’t accidentally edit a chat.
Lastly, you can easily import your ChatGPT chat history directly into Team-GPT in seconds.
Sounds exciting? Sign up for our free plan, try the platform out with a team member, and see if Team-GPT is the right fit for you.
About the author
I teach data science and AI to 1.2M students on Udemy. I'm co-founder of 365 Data Science, 3veta, and Team-GPT. My work is mostly focused on helping people and organizations adopt AI.